FAQ’s Ecozen: Brisbane Pool Builders
Frequently Asked Concrete Swimming Pool Questions:
How are concrete pools built?
Our Brisbane pool builders build our concrete pools with steel reinforcement. Next, we pour the concrete as one continuous shell for lasting structural strength. This also allows for custom designs of any shape and size you desire. Concrete pools are ideal for more challenging sites such as those with limited space, narrow blocks and hillside locations. The ability to individually design a concrete pool means our customers are not limited to any factory made pre-moulded designs. Concrete pools can take on any form including L-Shaped, Geometric, Freeform, Lap Pools and Out-of-Ground pools- basically any shape you can dream of!
What is the construction process for a new concrete pool?
Our concrete pools are constructed entirely onsite to custom specifications. As such, our Brisbane pool builders will take approximately 6-8 weeks to build your concrete pool. The concrete pool construction process includes the following steps-depending on design and site conditions.
- After the design, Ecozen will have completed your scope of works, engineering and certification. Next, you will then have a set and pre-start meeting with our Brisbane pool builders.
- Ecozen will then deliver the formwork and steel reinforcement to the site in preparation for the start of the pool construction.
- On the day of the excavation, the machines and site supervisors arrive on site for the earthworks and hole excavation required for the pool.
- After the completion of the site earthworks, installation of the pool formwork and steel reinforcement occurs as well as the plumbing works.
- Once the steel and plumbing are inspected and approved, the pool concrete shell is poured and shaped by our installers.
- Next, the required backfilling and plumbing lines are installed around the pool shell, ready for the surrounds works.
- At this stage, the electrical connections are then installed by our electricians for the earthing, pool/garden lights and pump station position.
- After the shell has cured for 14 days, we will install the pool coping stone around the pool shell. The pool coping will be in the client’s choice of style, shape and material.
- The pool waterline tiling, bench highlights and step treads are also installed to make the pool easier to clean and safer to use.
- At this stage, any additional water features, landscape works and surrounds paving are installed to complete the landscape works on site.
- To get the hydraulic systems ready for the pool, we will also install the pumps, filters, chlorinators and other operating equipment on site.
- The pool shell is then cleaned out, and interior material installed onto the pool shell in the client’s choice of style and colour combination.
- After the installation of the pool interior, the pool is cleaned again ready for filling.
- At this stage the pool is filled with water, professionally cleaned, balanced and chemically treated. It’s now ready for swimming!
- Finally, the pool is ready for handover with a thorough training session on operating the pool equipment. Our Brisbane pool builders will help you understand maintenance and cleaning so you can enjoy the pool for many years to come.
Now it’s time to enjoy your first of many pool parties with your family and friends or sit back and relax in your new pool and landscape space.
What are the benefits of concrete swimming pools over fibreglass pools?
Due to the structure and enduring strength of an engineered concrete swimming pool, they offer unlimited flexibility with design and placement. This strength also means that the pool will withstand generations of fun and play. As well as shape and design you also have a large variety of unique and exotic internal finishes and surfaces to choose from. We want your Brisbane pool to be a “one-off” personalised project.
Unlike fibreglass pools, concrete swimming pools allow you almost total design freedom. Pool size, depth, shape and in most cases location are limited only by your imagination. Concrete gives you the flexibility to think outside the square- from the most extravagant personal taste through to challenging sites including indoor, outdoor, sloping sites, hillside locations, out of ground structures or rooftops.
The inherent strength of reinforced concrete pools; boundary walls, water walls, water features and fencing can be constructed directly on top of the shell. Plus with proper planning, it can even form part of the footing for the house wall. A well-designed pool is an integral asset to the property and an absolute pleasure for the end user.
I have a small block- can I have a concrete pool?
There are very few situations that would inhibit the construction of a concrete swimming pool. With thoughtful design, planning and the correct engineering, concrete pools can be built right up to the property boundary. They can also form the footings for a new house or other structure. Your concrete pool can maximise the available space and thus provide more space for you to enjoy.
There are so many companies, and such varied pricing – who should we choose?
“The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of the deal” The adage you get what you pay for, so often quoted is consistent throughout life, and the pool industry is no different. Our philosophy is “It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn’t”. Check out our top things to check for when comparing your pool quotes.
Why Choose Ecozen as your Concrete Swimming Pool Builder?
Ecozen Brisbane Pool Builders are an established business with staff who care about your project. We have developed a solid reputation for delivering quality construction processes and after sales service over many years of building.
We use only the highest quality products and services for your project and work closely with you to ensure you receive your pool vision. We want your business, but we also want the opportunity of delivering pool solutions to your friends and family. The only way to get that is to ensure you are a satisfied and valued client. Our Brisbane pool builders will be with you for the complete swimming pool construction process- from initial design, engineering and council development approvals through to delivering to you a high-quality swimming pool for you and your family to enjoy.
My house is existing, and there is a brick boundary wall where I want the pool to go, the pool will be close to both structures, will this be a problem?
There are multiple solutions we can offer, including soil stabilisation treatments (chemical or grout injection), shoring and piling. Our solutions enable excavation and construction processes to occur without damage to existing structures. Our Brisbane pool builders always take great care to avoid personal injury to the public or construction operatives.
I have limited access for machine access- will this be an issue?
If you have a doorway to your pool area, we can excavate your pool. We can use machines with retractable tracks, designed for limited access. We can remove the spoil in the good ole fashion wheelbarrows, and for some circumstances, we will use a conveyor system – No problem.
How long does it take to build?
On average, construction of a pool will take four to six weeks from commencement. With the pool and landscape packages, we allow twelve weeks in total for the complete construction- from dig to handover.
How long does the engineering and certification process take before starting my pool construction on site?
At Ecozen, we look after all of the required pool design, engineering design, council approvals and certification approvals as part of our projects. For a standard pool and landscape project, we can complete these applications and approvals within two weeks before construction. As part of these approvals, we also check your property for any easements, sewer/stormwater pipes or other council restrictions that may affect the design or construction of the pool on site.
Do you provide a warranty with your pools?
Warranties are very important. Ecozen provides the strongest warranty in the swimming pool industry. We offer a 25-year structural warranty for complete peace of mind. We also guarantee our work and honour all equipment warranties. We have a proven track record for our after-sales service. If any warranty problems do occur, then we ensure that our service division will handle it quickly and efficiently.
When is the best time to install a concrete pool?
Our Brisbane pool builders build pools year round, regardless of the weather. However, the best time to build a swimming pool is before Spring and Summer. This allows you to have your pool and surrounding landscaping completed by the first warm day – and gives your family a full season of fun! Contact us today and let us work through the initial design phase of the project with you. Our Ecozen team are excited to get you in the pool for Summer!
How can I be sure of the quality?
Here is where you must rely on the builder’s reputation and professional experience. The bottom line is, who does the work? At Ecozen, every pool is built from start to finish by our team of professional Brisbane pool builders. We use only the highest quality construction materials and associated equipment available to the swimming pool industry.
Why do cost estimates vary so much when all pools seem to be the same?
There is a range of factors that affect the cost of your pool- ranging from what the quote includes to whether you have to outsource some of the work. If craftsmanship, quality of materials, design strength, durability, customer satisfaction, and warranties are important to you, then you should consider Ecozen as your pool builder. Remember, good work is never cheap and cheap work is never good.
Our clients will tell you why they believe Ecozen is Qld’s leading designer and builder of quality concrete pools and landscapes. For further proof of our dedication to building spectacular pools, check out some testimonials from our previous clients.
If you would like to know more about our projects, please contact us, and we will happily answer any of your questions. From there we will arrange to meet with you on your site to receive your project brief, create your 3D design and prepare an itemised scope of works for your complete project.
Sean Lynch – Ecozen Owner + Managing Director